New Call Of Duty Black Ops 4 Update Makes Major Blackout Changes
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has been chugging along since its release a few weeks ago. Despite a few hiccups along the road, players have seemingly been enjoying their experience. That said, Treyarch has implemented a new Black Ops 4 update and it brings a bounty of Blackout changes along for the ride.
Taking to Reddit, the studio outlined everything that has changed, added, removed, and more in this year’s Call of Duty installment. While multiplayer received quite a few new things overall, Blackout obtained many fixes and quality of life tweaks. Here’s what is new for the battle royale mode with the latest Black Ops 4 update:
- 100-Player Solos added to Featured playlist.
- Maximum player count set to 88 for Duos and Quads.
- Tweaked settings to ensure friendly teammates’ footsteps are now quieter than enemy footsteps.
- Adjusted footsteps for all Armor types in first-person and third-person to give better directionality and distance information.
- Resolved an issue that occasionally caused footsteps to be silent.
- Resolved issues that caused footsteps to become muffled when they shouldn’t be.
- Armor now allows more damage to pass through to areas of the body that have damage multipliers, such as the head or upper chest. For example, headshots now do more damage against Level 3 Armor.
- Character Missions
- Unlocked remaining Specialist Character Missions (Battery, Firebreak, Nomad, Prophet, Ruin, Seraph)
- “Item Found” Notifications
- To tag an item for your teammate, approach the Item and select the bottom center command on your Command Wheel. This will display the Item in text on your team’s HUD and highlight the item in the world for your team.
- Increased the brightness of Items when a teammate tags them as “Item Found” via the Command Wheel.
- Increased duration that Items tagged using “Item Found” are displayed in the world to your team.
- Calling Cards and Challenges
- Resolved an issue where completing Dark Ops Challenges would not unlock their associated Calling Card.
- Resolved an issue where certain Challenges rewarded the same Calling Card.
- Resolved an issue where the Altimeter could disappear during Infiltration.
- Resolved an issue where incorrect Inventory items could be shown while spectating another player.
- Resolved an issue that allowed players to shoot through certain rocks.
- Improved visual quality of the grass.
- Resolved an issue where the After Action Report would show double damage when in Squads.
- Resolved an issue where Echelon Ranking wasn’t showing properly at Max Rank.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as we learn more about changes to the title, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Fire-Breathing Spyro The Dragon Drone Exists Solely To Deliver Snoop Dog A Game (VIDEO)
- How To Train Your Dragon Game Landing On All Platforms In 2019
- No Man’s Sky ‘Abyss’ Now Live, New Trailer Shows What’s Ahead
What say you, gamers? Are you pleased with the new Black Ops 4 update? What else should Treyarch be doing to improve Blackout? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.