Borderlands 3 Celebrates Togetherness In Fun New Trailer (VIDEO)
Gearbox Software recently teased something called the “Celebration of Togetherness.” With no details released alongside the tease, fans began to speculate about what it could be in regards to. Some were leaning towards cross-play being announced for Borderlands 3, but Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford shot that down. That said, what was being teased has arrived, and it turns out to be a new trailer that is filled to the brim with fun.
Set to the iconic song “Happy Together” by The Turtles, we see the new set of vault hunters joyfully dispatching every enemy that comes their way. With vibrant colors galore, snazzy transitions, a ton of dancing, and so much more, the trailer is a near-3-minute long acid trip that is sure to get fans of the popular series excited for the release of Borderlands 3. Check it out for yourself below:
For more on Borderlands 3:
“The original shooter-looter returns, packing bazillions of guns and an all-new mayhem-fueled adventure. Blast your way through new worlds and enemies as one of four brand new Vault Hunters, each with deep skill trees, abilities, and customization. Play solo or join with friends to take on insane enemies, collect loads of loot and save your home from the most ruthless cult leaders in the galaxy.”
- A MAYHEM-FUELED THRILL RIDE Stop the fanatical Calypso Twins from uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy’s ultimate power. Only you, a thrill-seeking Vault Hunter, have the arsenal and allies to take them down.
- YOUR VAULT HUNTER, YOUR PLAYSTYLE Become one of four extraordinary Vault Hunters, each with unique abilities, playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalization options. All Vault Hunters are capable of awesome mayhem alone, but together they are unstoppable.
- LOCK, LOAD, AND LOOT With bazillions of guns and gadgets, every fight is an opportunity to score new gear. Firearms with self-propelling bullet shields? Check. Rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes? Obviously. Guns that grow legs and chase down enemies while hurling verbal insults? Yeah, got that too.
- NEW BORDERLANDS Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each featuring unique environments to explore and enemies to destroy. Tear through hostile deserts, battle your way across war-torn cityscapes, navigate deadly bayous, and more!
- QUICK & SEAMLESS CO-OP ACTION Play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen co-op, regardless of your level or mission progress. Take down enemies and challenges as a team, but reap rewards that are yours alone – no one misses out on loot.
Borderlands 3 is set to arrive on September 13th for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order May Be Getting A Photo Mode, New Game Plus
- The Division 2 Director Is Gauging Interest For A Single Player Spin-Off
- Cyberpunk 2077 Lets You Kill Most People, Just Not Kids Or Story NPCs
What say you, gamers? Were you expecting more out of the Celebration of Togetherness for Borderlands 3? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!