ARGcast: Video Game Marketing in History With Mike Futter (PODCAST)
Our friend Mike Futter makes his debut on the show to talk about how video game marketing has evolved over time and the biggest flubs in history!
Join us along with The GameDev Business Handbook author Mike Futter as we chat about all things marketing in the world of video games! Hear about what went down with old-school magazine ads, how bad advertising can topple even gaming’s greats, and more.
In the news, we talk about a story about Sega reportedly approaching Microsoft to keep the Dreamcast legacy alive. We then talk about the PC Classic being made, hacker Ben Heck improving on the NEOGEO Mini, and the “Ultimate” amiibo collection for Smash Bros. fans.
The Stage of History welcomes in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and the infamous Daikatana. Robert then reaches in the darkness with Shadow Man in Obscura. Don’t forget to grab our game giveaways for Pankapu and Overwatch, then stick around for a quick Random Select! Who could Robert be this time?
- Sega Asked Bill Gates To Support Dreamcast Games On Xbox
- The PC Classic is the retro DOS console of our dreams
- Hacker Ben Heck is back to fix the flawed Neo-Geo Mini
- ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ Getting Very Limited Complete Amiibo Collection In Japan
- Arcade Classic ‘Out Run’ Cruising To Nintendo Switch
- ARGcast #89: Embarking on Adventure in The Legend of Zelda with Katie da Silva
We are partnered with Don’t Feed The Gamers! Be sure to check them out for fan-focused gaming content.
Another Retro Gaming Podcast, or ARGcast for short, is a celebration of the video games we grew up with. Listen up for the latest in retro gaming related news, an onslaught of amazing guests, loads of game code giveaways, and more. Subscribe and become an ARGonaut today!