Anthem Adds Cataclysm Event With Recent Update (VIDEO)
Anthem players that have stuck around to see what BioWare has planned for the troubled game have finally received the big event that they have been waiting months for. The Cataclysm has officially arrived with the most recent update, along with a bounty of other goodies.
The Cataclysm event will be a season-long shindig that brings with it plenty of new items for players to enjoy as well as changes to the world in Anthem itself. In order to access the new event, players will have to have the “Incursion” mission completed.
New weapons, new missions, and a whole new way to play. Learn more about the Cataclysm in the Dev Diary here: pic.twitter.com/HbM9loadlJ
— Anthem (@anthemgame) August 6, 2019
Here’s a brief overview of what is new in Anthem and the Cataclysm event, per the EA website:
Cataclysm – Battle Vara Brom and her forces in a dangerous new game mode that evolves over time. Teamwork is heavily encouraged as you battle against the dangerous environment and time itself, unlock secrets, and master the Cataclysm to earn all new rewards and rank up the leaderboard. The Cataclysm is available on the Start of Expedition screen for all players who have completed the “Incursion” mission.
- Inversions – Sets of gameplay modifiers that impact how you face the challenges of the Cataclysm.
- Leaderboards – Finishing content in the Cataclysm mode adds to your score. Your score is updated to the leaderboard at the end of your run.
- Seasonal Currency – Complete challenges and content to earn Minor and Major Crystals. Spend that currency on the rewards in the Seasonal Store.
- Seasonal Store – A new store that features time-limited rewards for purchase with the seasonal currency.
Anthem is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. For everything that is new with the latest update, the patch notes can be found here. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Dev “Still Figuring Out” If Cross-Platform Progression Will Be Supported
- EA’s Excuse For No Nintendo Switch Report Is Tone Deaf and Infantile
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate Leak Claims Undertale Character Is Next DLC Fighter (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Will you be jumping back into Anthem now that the Cataclysm has arrived? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!