The Sims 4: Snowy Escape DLC Features Japanese-Inspired Decor (VIDEO)
Following the disproportionately unfavorable reactions to their last downloadable content, Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, Maxis revealed another DLC for The Sims 4. Coming next month, The Sims 4: Snowy Escape introduces everything there is to love about the coming cold months and the powdery-soft texture of snow. Check out the reveal trailer below:
“Find out what it means to touch the sky and reach a zen state of mind in Mt. Komorebi,” Maxis tells The Sims 4 players. “Jump into the excitement of skiing, snowboarding, sledding, and rock climbing with new adventures for your Sims, or simply relax on slow hikes or at the onsen.” Chase snowy thrills on the mountainside, unwind at natural hot springs, create modern or traditional Japanese-inspired homes, and discover new personality and relationship effects in The Sims 4: Snowy Escape. Here are a few other features Simmers can expect from the upcoming DLC:
The Sims 4: Snowy Escape DLC Features
- Chase Your Thrills — Test your Sim’s skill and endurance with activities on the mountainside. Grab skis for a downhill ride, strap on a snowboard to shred or bundle up on a sled with another Sim. Prefer going up? Build their rock climbing skill and challenge your Sim to reach the mountain peak during daring, sometimes dangerous, excursions.
- Find Your Zen — Let your Sim’s worries float away in the natural hot springs, then unwind over hot pot around the kotatsu table, or socialize while hiking through bamboo forests and snowy terrain. Bask in the serenity of mindful walks and soothing music to take control of your emotions and discover your inner zen.
- Create Your Sanctuary — Whether you prefer the traditional details or modern touches of Japanese-inspired furniture and decor, you can incorporate shoji doors, windows, screens, tatami mats and more to design a home that complements your life. Take your shoes off at the genkan entryway in the soft glow of paper lanterns overhead, or build your own rock garden outside.
- Define Your Lifestyle — Unlock new personality and relationship effects with the introduction of Lifestyles and Sentiments. Lifestyles manifest in response to your Sim’s actions and habits, changing their behaviors appropriately. Similarly, shared experiences inspire Sentiments and have a lasting impact on Sims’ relationships to each other, affecting their social interactions.
The Sims 4: Snowy Escape DLC arrives November 13th for PC and Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Pre-orders are available now for $39.99 (USD).
What do you think of the sneak peek of The Snowy Escape? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- P.T. Will Not Be Available On PlayStation 5
- Amnesia: Rebirth Review Round-Up (VIDEO)
- Halo Master Chief Collection Will Be Optimized For Xbox Series X/S
- Call Of Duty Halloween Event Adds Zombies, Jigsaw, And Leatherface (VIDEO)
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support.
Hoi Duong2062 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.