PlayStation Plus Free Games for August 2019 Revealed (VIDEO)
Though there are still a few days left to pick up July’s offerings, Sony has officially unveiled the lineup of free games making their way to PlayStation Plus subscribers in August. It was suspected the two titles dropping for PlayStation 4 were seemingly unveiled early, but it appears this was not the case, the actual games now being confirmed to be racing compilation WipEout Omega Collection and the focused military shooter Sniper Elite 4.
These titles were unveiled on the PS Blog, highlighting what each will have to offer when the deal goes live on August 6th. Sniper Elite 4 is a more strategic take on the shooter genre as players take down a multitude of enemies with traps, melee attacks, and (of course) their trusty sniper rifle. Racing title WipEout Omega Collection (a personal favorite of 2017) compiles a bevy of the series’ most prominent and fan-favorite tracks into one convenient collection; also adding PSVR support for good measure. Check out each game in the trailer and descriptions below.
PlayStation Plus – August 2019
- WipEout Omega Collection (PlayStation 4)
- Combining WipEout 2048, WipEout HD and the HD Fury expansion into one turbo-charged package, Wipeout Omega Collection brings the breakneck speed and combat thrills of the anti-gravity racing franchise to PS4.
- Race against the clock and other competitors to take home a podium win, unlocking dozens of ships as you progress through 26 tracks. Competition gets fiercer online*, with eight players duking it out in high-speed circuits. Alternatively, you can go one-on-one with a friend on the couch.
- Those looking for the ultimate thrill can also experience the entire game, including all modes and tracks, in PlayStation VR.
- Sniper Elite 4 (PlayStation 4)
- Slip behind enemy lines and work to drive out Axis forces from the Italian peninsula. Scout huge, varied environments as a covert operative and take out enemies before setting up the perfect hit on high-value targets.
- Use a mixture of traps and explosives, hazardous environments, melee takedowns and, of course, your trusty rifle to sow chaos in enemy strongholds. For even greater strategy, team up with a friend online to take down targets in the co-operative campaign mode or enjoy dedicated co-op missions for two to four players and competitive multiplayer modes for up to 12 players.
What do you think? Are you ready to hit the road with WipEout Omega Collection, or are your sights squared on Sniper Elite 4? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall2120 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.