Fallout 76 Increasing Stash Size, Adding Push-To-Talk “In The Coming Weeks”
Fallout 76 has been quite the ride since its release earlier this week. From PC servers going live a bit early to players dropping a nuke and encountering the almighty Scorchbeast Queen, it’s been a fun journey so far. That said, this is only the beginning of the game’s life cycle, which means Bethesda will be bringing all sorts of changes and fixes to the fight.
Among the most requested features that players want to see in Fallout 76 is push-to-talk. Bethesda has already stated that they will be bringing that chat option to the game, but now we know that it will be coming the very near future. In a recent post on the company’s website, they outlined what the next steps are now that the West Virginia wasteland experience is live. The first update to arrive will be taking place on Monday, November 19th, and will focus on the following:
“The next update will focus primarily on game performance and stability on all platforms but will also come with a list of fixes to quests, UI, C.A.M.P.s, and more. Patch notes will be available early next week. This update will be large compared to what we expect for patches going forward. Regular updates will always vary in size, but future updates should be much smaller in comparison.”
Beyond that, but not too far behind, will be the increasing of stash limit. Nothing worse than needing to Fast Travel somewhere and being told you can’t due to being over-encumbered. After all, it’s difficult to traverse the wasteland and not grab everything that isn’t nailed down. As stated above, push-to-talk will also be coming to PC, as will ultrawide support and an FOV slider. Here’s what Bethesda had to say about these features:
- Stash Limit Increase – We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.
- Push to Talk for PC – After listening to all of your concerns, we have made progress on getting this into the game and it will also be included in an update in the next few weeks.
- Ultrawide Support for PC – 21:9 support will be coming soon. We have seen it in testing and it looks awesome.
- FOV Slider for PC – We know this is popular request for our PC players— look for an FOV slider soon.
Fallout 76 is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as we await the first patch notes released by Bethesda for their latest adventure, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Command & Conquer Remaster Won’t Have Microtransactions, EA Promises
- Borderlands 2 VR Live-Action Trailer Released (VIDEO)
- Mass Effect 2’s Grunt Is Looking Like A Snack In This Cosplay Creation
What say you, gamers? Are you excited for all of the features to come in Fallout 76? Which do you think is needed the most? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1808 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.