Cyberpunk 2077 Will Have In-Game Ads For “Consumer Services Of The Dark Future”
Night City is the setting for the highly-anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 from CD Projekt RED. The steel and concrete landscape will be filled with life as players venture through it, and seeing as this will be in the future, we can only imagine what type of advertisements we’ll be seeing on our journeys. Thanks to a recent job listing, we just might know exactly what type of ads will be plastered all over Night City, and they will likely be as interesting as we thought.
CD Projekt RED recently posted a job listing for an “In-game Ads Illustrator.” The person who fills this role, according to the listing, will “take part in creating ads for an array of consumer services of the dark future — from paramilitary medical care, to guns, to fast moving consumer goods and cyberware!” Here are more of what will be expected of the person that takes on the task of being the In-game Ads Illustrator:
- Delivering in-game assets responding to the futuristic Cyberpunk style.
- Creating high-quality digital painting illustrations based on briefs and/or sketches provided by the concept team.
- Creating simple sketches and graphics as bases for other team members’ work (overpaints, mood boards, compositions, simple design work).
- Following guidelines and maintaining a coherent style.
- Collaborating with other members of the team to provide the best possible quality for the task.
- Participating in meetings, brainstorming ideas, pitching concepts and responding to feedback.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
It will certainly be interesting to see what sort of “dark future” goods the illustrator comes up with. Unfortunately, we still don’t know when Cyberpunk 2077 will be released, but it is currently in development for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Star Wars Vader Immortal Trailer Brings The Sith Lord To VR (VIDEO)
- Mortal Kombat 11’s D’Vorah Has A Seriously Messed Up Fatality (VIDEO)
- Borderlands 3 Crossplay Being Looked Into ‘Closely’ By Gearbox, 2K Games
What say you, gamers? Are you intrigued by these dark future services that CDPR speaks of? What sort of ads do you believe we’ll be seeing in Cyberpunk 2077? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!