Detroit Become Human Sequel Might Be Happening
Quantic Dream’s latest narrative-driven adventure has been a resounding hit for PlayStation 4 gamers. Sure, it has seen a few bumps along the way, but that hasn’t stopped Detroit Become Human from becoming a successful title. Of course, this always leads many players to wonder if there will be a follow-up game.
That said, the developer seems to be in favor of creating another entry. “We will work on a sequel if we feel we have ideas, passion and excitement to do it, and if we feel we have something more to say about this world,” Quantic Dream boss David Cage recently said during a Reddit AMA. “We are driven by passion more than anything, although it is not always something reasonable … but we enjoyed working on Detroit a lot, and there are many exciting stories that could be told in this world for sure.”
The Quantic Dream head made sure to note that the team would not want to make a Detroit Become Human sequel if it was simply for “easy money.” However, if it’s going to happen, they need to “make a choice” soon, Cage stated, as there are people calling for both DLC and a possible sequel.
For those not familiar with the recent PS4 hit, here’s more about Detroit Become Human:
“Enter the near-future metropolis of Detroit in 2038 – a city rejuvenated by the introduction of highly advanced androids that exist only to serve mankind. But that’s all about to change…
Step into the shoes of three distinct android characters as this brave new world teeters on the brink of chaos. Your decisions dramatically alter how the game’s intense, branching narrative plays out. With thousands of choices and dozens of endings, how will you affect the future of Detroit?
- Enter a world where moral dilemmas and difficult decisions can turn android slaves into world-changing revolutionaries
- Discover what it means to be human from the perspective of an outsider – and see the world through the eyes of a machine
- Shape an ambitious branching narrative, where your decisions not only determine the fate of the three main characters, but that of the entire city of Detroit
- How you control Kara, Connor and Markus can mean life or death – and if one of them pays the ultimate price, the story still continues”
Detroit Become Human is currently available on PlayStation 4. For the full AMA held by Cage, that can be found right here. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Minecraft Heads To Adventure Time In An All-New Episode (VIDEO)
- Xbox One VR No Longer A Priority, According To Microsoft Executive
- Anthem End Game Content Discussed – “Really Important,” Says BioWare
What say you, gamers? Do you hope Quantic Dream sticks to the Detroit Become Human universe longer than they stayed with Heavy Rain? Are you hoping for DLC, or would you rather see a sequel? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2227 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.